12 Olympian GodsEdit
As Olympic gods (including Olympians, Olympioi) be in Greek mythology the twelve gods of Olympus (the Twelve Gods, Greek Δωδεκάθεοι Dodekatheoi) or in broader significance all the main gods called.
1. Zeus: Father of the gods, the ruler of the sky, thunder and lightning; youngest son of Cronus and Rhea; younger brother of Poseidon, Hades, Hera and Demeter; Father of Athena, Apollo, Artemis, Ares, Hermes, Dionysus, Heracles; His planet is Jupiter.
2. Poseidon: God of the sea, earthquakes and horses; older brother of Zeus; Son of Cronus and Rhea; begot the mortal Kleito five twin brothers; been married to Amphitrite; Father of Triton.
3. Hera: Family goddess, responsible for wedding, maternity and childbirth; Assistant in the hardships of confinement; jealous wife and sister of Zeus; Mother of Ares, Hephaestus, Hebe and Ilithyia.
4.Apollo: God of poetry, of light, of the plague and of prophecy; Muse Guide (nickname: Musagetes); equated with the sun god Phoebus; Son of Zeus and the Titan Leto; Father of Asclepius; Twin brother of Artemis; his celestial body is the sun.
5.Artemis: Virgin goddess of the hunt and the moon (along with Selene); Daughter of Zeus and Leto; Twin sister of Apollo; subject to any man, but free and childless; her heavenly body is the Moon.
6. Athena: The head of Zeus sprung virgin goddess of wisdom, patroness of heroes, of the cities, of agriculture, of Arts and Sciences, the female craft, of war and peace; Patron goddess of Athens.
7. Hepaestus: God of volcanoes, fire, forging art and architecture (the gods built their palaces and gave people the house architecture); forged by the Cyclops for Zeus thunderbolts; Son of Zeus and Hera; hurled from Olympus by Hera and since lame; been married to Aphrodite, who betrayed him with Ares.
8. Ares: God of war and battles; Son of Zeus and Hera; Father of Deimos and Phobos; adulterous affair with Aphrodite; his celestial body is the planet Mars.
9. Aphrodite: Goddess of love and beauty; born from the foam, the blood and semen from the limb of Uranus formed after Kronos had it cut off his father and thrown into the sea; Wife of Hephaestus; their planet is Venus.
10. Hermes: God of thieves, commerce, and travelers; messenger of the gods; Son of Zeus and the nymph Maia; Father of Pan, of Daphnis, the Hermaphroditos, the Abderos and Autolycus; its planet is Mercury.
11. Dionysos: God of wine and ecstasy; youngest of the great gods; Son of Zeus, whom he fathered with Demeter, Io, Dione, Persephone, Lethe or Semele; later included in the circle of the Olympians.
12. Demeter: Earth goddess, sister of Zeus, mother goddess, fertility goddess; Triune Goddess in the manifestations virgin, mother and old woman; Sister and lover of Zeus; Mother of Persephone and Pluto; in art closely connected with the daughter and her husband Hades.